Friday, January 13, 2012

My Faith Restored

If you read my last post, then you know how disappointed I was in New Balance's shopping site. Well, I tweeted my post (as I always do), tagging New Balance, and they noticed!!!

Here's the e-mail I received:

Dear Carmen, 

I apologize for the confusion and all the trouble you have encountered in receiving your shoes. I work in Boston at our Corporate Office and I have been in contact with ShopNewbalance and they did mail you out a new pair yesterday that should be arriving this afternoon. It looks like there has been an issue with the original shipment due to USPS and for that we sincerely apologize. Total customer satisfaction is very important to us and its clear in this case we have let you down as a customer. If there is anything additional we can do for you please let me know. Please contact me directly if you do not receive your shoes today. We thank you for your patience and dedication to our brand. 

Wow! Unexpected! That has completely restored my faith in my favorite brand of running shoes. Seriously. So a huge thanks for my pair of amazing running shoes that arrived last night. I am looking forward to taking them on a test run today.


In my experience, companies most often want to make you happy. I think companies are always started to fulfill a need. To serve. But somewhere along the line, through the chain to the employee that views it as just a job, that service is lost. Not always, but sometimes. So I think you just have to find the right person to help you.


Like Maureen who got me my shoes. 


Or the lady (whom I still regard as an angel) at Bank of America that 'forgave' 4 of my 6 overdraft fees at a time when we barely made ends meet.


God bless the people that still help other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment